Thursday, September 20, 2007

First post! Recent FOs

Since I'm planning on this being a mostly knitting project space I should probably post some FOs!.

My most recent:
Fetching from Knitty.

Made from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a lovely chocolatey brown color. I had some trouble figuring out the thumb on the left glove, so my first row has purl bumps. :( I managed to get it right on the right hand, however I also managed to forget to change the direction of the cables until mid way through the second cable repeat... I loved the pattern though, and I'll definitely make another pair. I think I'll make them a bit longer so they cover more of my fingers.










Before that I made a Ribbed Lace Bolero from 10 feet high.
I made this in leftover Lion Brand Cottonease in Lake. the pattern was easy enough, but I ended up not liking the way it felt on. I think it's a little to short for me, so I might have to find someone to give it to who is more of a "tiny bolero" person than I am.

Before that was Licorice Whip from Blue Alvarez.
Also made in the Lion Brand Cotton-ease in color Lake (I ordered waaaay too much). This was my first time doing any lace whatsoever, and knitting something that had to fit. I think it came out pretty well! I gave it to my mom for her birthday since I knew she would appreciate it. She's the one who taught me to knit and urged me to branch out from scarves for so long. I really need to get a photo of her in it since it fits her way better than it fit me, being as she's tiny. I changed the pattern only by shortening the sleeves.

I haven't taken photos of the ribbed lace bolero yet... not sure if I like it enough to!

No comments: